That is what she said!

We came across a dilemma where Liz, with her unknowing brute and butch force, broke the handle off of one of our old door locks. Raised to become the paranoid young woman that I am today (thanks, mom!), I couldn't settle with just one door lock and set out to immediately remedy our backup lock. I couldn't find the same model, so I had to settle for something similar... But not similar enough, as I soon realized that the old drilled holes did not line up with the holes in the new latch thingy. 

Fill old holes with wood filler? The new drilled holes would partially overlap with the old holes, so I didn't think the wood filler would be strong enough to hold the screws. After a quick google search, I discovered the wonder that is matchsticks (the strike anywhere kind). Round toothpicks can also be used. 

Here's what happened in point form:
- The ends were cut off of a few matchsticks.
- The sticks were hammered into the holes until they were filled.
- New holes were drilled (some were drilled right at the edge of the old holes).
- New latch thingy is screwed on.

And the result? A securely locked door! *Pats self on back*